Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 30th, 2011. Holy Angels Batman!

Another day, another story.

Today was the last day for Holy Angels's high school grade 10 and 11 students. The school was sold and is shutting down for good. Lots of stuff in boxes, hugs, crying, cool HAH stuff (mugs, t-shirts, yada yada yada)

It was pretty sad, I remember high school and how awesome it was, but these girls really have connections with eachother. They didn't seem all catty and stuff like some co-ed high school girls I knew back in the day.

One of them asked how old I was. Let's just say it's been a long time since I've been in a high school.

Anyway, congrats on grading (gradeing* sp?) and enjoy whatever new school you'll be going to in the fall.

IN OTHER NEWS, mainly personal, Steve Berry related news.

I've got one more day here in Cape Breton, and man I'm going to miss it. No crazy traffic, everybody is nice, everybody seems to like camera-men (refreshing) and most of all the scenery. You just don't get huge rolling cliffs and waves everywhere you look in Halifax. Sydney has it's rough spots, like everywhere, but overall it's a beautiful, friendly, inspiring place to be and work. Plus my hotel room is totally pimped. Big ole tub, king sized bed, a pool, a place to work out. It's stellar.

I miss my girlfriend, my friends, my family, and the great people I work with back in Hali. It's a bittersweet thing to be leaving here tomorrow. Frank Turner said it best "Only being shackled to the road can ever I be free" and that's how I feel. Gotta keep moving, learning, growing, writing stupid blogs, taking rotten pictures with my phone, and getting lost in the small things in life. Because everything is cool looking if you get close enough. And a little back-light doesn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment